* [ptxdist] OSELAS.toolchain - GCC snapshots gone
@ 2021-05-01 14:40 Ariel Garcia
From: Ariel Garcia @ 2021-05-01 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello,

trying to reproduce a somewhat older setup using OSELAS 2019.09.1
I noticed that it fails due to:

-----
Could not download package
ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/gnu/gcc/gcc-9-20191130/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz https://
sourceware.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/9-20191130/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz https://
sourceware.org/pub/gcc/releases/gcc-9-20191130/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz http://
launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/4.8/9-20191130/+download/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz
http://launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/4.7/9-20191130/+download/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz
http://launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/4.6/9-20191130/+download/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz
-----

GNU seems to have cleaned up, and mirrors followed. Also the copy in
	https://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/temporary-src/
is gone.

Shouldn't OSELAS always use real releases (GCC and other) instead of (daily?)
snapshots?

I can't "just update" to a newer OSELAS version, since i rely on reproducible
builds for performing incremental updates. A change in the compiler would
imply that all binaries would change...

Any suggestion on how to rely on OSELAS / PTXdist versions to remain
"buildable" in the future?

Also, any hint on where to find the old snapshot?
(trying "git archive" from the GCC repo and different commits in the
releases/gcc-9 branch, but i was unable to find the same md5 sum given by
OSELAS 2019.09.1)

Thanks a lot,
Ariel

* Re: [ptxdist] OSELAS.toolchain - GCC snapshots gone
@ 2021-05-02 13:25 ` Roland Hieber
From: Roland Hieber @ 2021-05-02 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ariel Garcia; +Cc: ptxdist

On Sat, May 01, 2021 at 04:40:14PM +0200, Ariel Garcia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> trying to reproduce a somewhat older setup using OSELAS 2019.09.1
> I noticed that it fails due to:
>
> -----
> Could not download package
> ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/gnu/gcc/gcc-9-20191130/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz https://
> sourceware.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/9-20191130/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz https://
> sourceware.org/pub/gcc/releases/gcc-9-20191130/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz http://
> launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/4.8/9-20191130/+download/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz
> http://launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/4.7/9-20191130/+download/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz
> http://launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/4.6/9-20191130/+download/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz
> -----
>
> GNU seems to have cleaned up, and mirrors followed. Also the copy in
> 	https://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/temporary-src/
> is gone.

As a quick fix, I've put the copy from our local source archive on the
temporary-src mirror for now. Try again.

> Shouldn't OSELAS always use real releases (GCC and other) instead of (daily?)
> snapshots?

I think gcc-9-20191130 included some fixes to make it build on certain
platforms, so Michael picked that version.

 - Roland

--
Roland Hieber, Pengutronix e.K.          | r.hieber@pengutronix.de     |
Steuerwalder Str. 21                     | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |

* Re: [ptxdist] OSELAS.toolchain - GCC snapshots gone
@ 2021-05-02 16:13 ` Alexander Dahl
From: Alexander Dahl @ 2021-05-02 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist