From: Alexander Dahl <post@lespocky.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] OSELAS.toolchain - GCC snapshots gone
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 18:13:50 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Ariel,

On Sat, May 01, 2021 at 04:40:14PM +0200, Ariel Garcia wrote:
> trying to reproduce a somewhat older setup using OSELAS 2019.09.1
> I noticed that it fails due to:
>
> -----
> Could not download package
> ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/gnu/gcc/gcc-9-20191130/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz https://
> sourceware.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/9-20191130/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz https://
> sourceware.org/pub/gcc/releases/gcc-9-20191130/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz http://
> launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/4.8/9-20191130/+download/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz
> http://launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/4.7/9-20191130/+download/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz
> http://launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/4.6/9-20191130/+download/gcc-9-20191130.tar.xz
> -----
>
> GNU seems to have cleaned up, and mirrors followed. Also the copy in
> 	https://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/temporary-src/
> is gone.
>
> Shouldn't OSELAS always use real releases (GCC and other) instead of (daily?)
> snapshots?
>

> I can't "just update" to a newer OSELAS version, since i rely on reproducible
> builds for performing incremental updates. A change in the compiler would
> imply that all binaries would change...
>
> Any suggestion on how to rely on OSELAS / PTXdist versions to remain
> "buildable" in the future?

In the old days I packed once built toolchains to tarballs and put it
aside and in my backup.  Nowadays I use the pre built debian packages
from http://debian.pengutronix.de/ – maybe that's an option for you,
too?

> Also, any hint on where to find the old snapshot?
> (trying "git archive" from the GCC repo and different commits in the
> releases/gcc-9 branch, but i was unable to find the same md5 sum given by
> OSELAS 2019.09.1)

Although I keep my src archive in a central place covered by backup, I
doubt I have stuff for oselas toolchain 2019.09.x in there.  I can not
remember having used it at all.  Otherwise I could have given you a
copy for your own archive or mirror.

Greets
Alex

--
/"\ ASCII RIBBON | »With the first link, the chain is forged. The first
\ / CAMPAIGN     | speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the