* [ptxdist] Adding package independent files in the root filesystem
@ 2020-06-19  7:51 Mircea Ciocan
From: Mircea Ciocan @ 2020-06-19  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello everybody,

I have some configuration files that are package independent, but board
depended, is there a solution to add them in bulk to the root filesystem.

It seem that configs/platform-XXX/projectroot only holds configuration
files that overrides the default ALREADY EXISTING files in the root file
system, all other files seem to be ignored.

Is there some "magic" setting that allows a full projectroot copy and
overwrite/add the content to the rootfs or is there another way to get a
similar effect ?

  Many thanks,

  Mircea

* Re: [ptxdist] Adding package independent files in the root filesystem
@ 2020-06-19  8:08 ` Bastian Krause
From: Bastian Krause @ 2020-06-19  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist, Mircea Ciocan

On 6/19/20 9:51 AM, Mircea Ciocan wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have some configuration files that are package independent, but board
> depended, is there a solution to add them in bulk to the root filesystem.
>
> It seem that configs/platform-XXX/projectroot only holds configuration
> files that overrides the default ALREADY EXISTING files in the root file
> system, all other files seem to be ignored.
>
> Is there some "magic" setting that allows a full projectroot copy and
> overwrite/add the content to the rootfs or is there another way to get a
> similar effect ?

Only files that are installed by an enabled package using
install_alternative(_tree) [1][2] are taken from projectroot.

Create a new target package with "ptxdist newpackage target", remove
everything but PACKAGES-$(PTXCONF_YOURPACKAGE), YOURPACKAGE_VERSION,
YOURPACKAGE_LICENSE and the targetinstall stage. In the targetinstall
stage you can use install_alternative_tree [2] to install "the whole
source directory tree with all files" [2].

Care must be taken not to install files with this that are installed by
another package already.

Regards,
Bastian

[1] https://www.ptxdist.org/doc/ref_make_macros.html#install-alternative
[2]
https://www.ptxdist.org/doc/ref_make_macros.html#install-alternative-tree

* Re: [ptxdist] Adding package independent files in the root filesystem
@ 2020-06-19 11:31   ` Alexander Dahl
From: Alexander Dahl @ 2020-06-19 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: Mircea Ciocan