* [ptxdist] Generating ipkg-index without building all images?
@ 2023-02-14 13:56 Felix Mellmann
From: Felix Mellmann @ 2023-02-14 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi everyone,

as I use the Yocto target "package-index" from time to time I was happy
to find out, that PTXdist also generates a package index for opkg when
PTXCONF_IMAGE_IPKG_INDEX is set in the platform config.
But I actually can not find a way on how to generate the package index
without the need to build all images.
There is a make target "ipkg-index" within "image_ipkg.make", but how to
call it?

Best regards,

Felix

* Re: [ptxdist] Generating ipkg-index without building all images?
@ 2023-02-14 14:22 ` Michael Olbrich
From: Michael Olbrich @ 2023-02-14 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felix Mellmann; +Cc: ptxdist

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 02:56:05PM +0100, Felix Mellmann wrote:
> as I use the Yocto target "package-index" from time to time I was happy to
> find out, that PTXdist also generates a package index for opkg when
> PTXCONF_IMAGE_IPKG_INDEX is set in the platform config.
> But I actually can not find a way on how to generate the package index
> without the need to build all images.
> There is a make target "ipkg-index" within "image_ipkg.make", but how to
> call it?

ptxdist make ipkg-index

should work.

Michael

* Re: [ptxdist] Generating ipkg-index without building all images?
@ 2023-02-14 15:37   ` Felix Mellmann
From: Felix Mellmann @ 2023-02-14 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello Michael,

thank you for the immediate answer. It works indeed.
Now I can upgrade packages during development more easily using opkg via
HTTP. I used to copy packages over using SCP for a loooong time.

Best regards,

Felix