* [ptxdist] ptxdist: support podman
@ 2019-10-15 13:35 Bruno Thomsen
From: Bruno Thomsen @ 2019-10-15 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi

I am currently migrating our containerized CI pipelines from docker (moby) to
podman as it's more secure[1]. But ptxdist refuse to run as "root", but in reality
it's running with less privileges then the user that started it.

ptxdist: error: refusing to run PTXdist as root

Is it possible to do an extra podman check?

I found "/run/.containerenv" documented as an official flag to detect that a program
is in a container.

Bruno

[1] https://cloudnweb.dev/2019/06/replacing-docker-with-podman-power-of-podman/
[2] https://github.com/containers/libpod/blob/master/docs/podman-run.1.md