* [ptxdist] /bin/sh link setting incompatibility when bash and dash installed
@ 2024-04-24 14:49 Ian Abbott
From: Ian Abbott @ 2024-04-24 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi,

Currently, the Kconfig option for BASH_SH (which causes /usr/bin/sh to
be linked to bash) is as follows:

config BASH_SH
	bool
	default BUSYBOX = n || BUSYBOX_SH_IS_NONE

However, if DASH_LINK_SH is enabled, that will cause /usr/bin/sh to be
linked to dash, resulting in a conflict.

I suppose the most robust fix would be to add a prompt to allow BASH_SH
to be configured manually. I'm not sure if the default should be changed
to `default (BUSYBOX = n || BUSYBOX_SH_IS_NONE) && DASH_LINK_SH = n`.
If both dash and bash are installed, it is likely that dash would be
used as the system shell and bash would be used as the interactive shell.

--
-=( Ian Abbott <abbotti@mev.co.uk> || MEV Ltd. is a company  )=-
-=( registered in England & Wales.  Regd. number: 02862268.  )=-

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-04-24 14:49 UTC | newest]