From: Christian Melki <christian.melki@t2data.com>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Patch series for package per project?
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 20:37:45 +0100	[thread overview]

On 3/3/22 18:07, Felix Mellmann wrote:
> On 03.03.22 15:22, Christian Melki wrote:
>>

>> On 3/3/22 2:40 PM, Michael Olbrich wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> I'm not sure what you mean. Do you have multiple barebox packages in the
>>> same BSP? Or something else?
>>>

>> Just one barebox version, but for different archs, with different
>> patchsets. I'd like the patches to live in the same place as they've
>> always done, i.e. under patches/package/...
>> But patches/package/series.$platform or similar does not seem to work?
>>
> Would it be an option to put the patches below each of the platformdirs?
>
> I ran into a similiar situation when starting to migrate to a different
> CPU platform. After a couple of years putting serveral "platformconfig"
> files within the same directory as "ptxconfig" I'm now using separate
> subdirs for each platform where separate sets of platform dependent
> patches are lying.
>
> Felix

Hi Felix.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Ideally not. It irks me a bit that patches have to go to a different
place because they belong to another platform than the "default". Or
that they have to go somewhere else altogether because they need to be
split into platforms.
It doesn't make much sense to me.

Regards,
Christian