* [ptxdist] glib can't find libffi for target platform
@ 2016-05-26 14:12 desmond
From: desmond @ 2016-05-26 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello,

I have been using ptxdist2013.12.0 for sometime now with ubuntu15.04 without
any problems.

I recently upgraded to Ubuntu16 and I am running into a problem when the
build system tries to build glib for the target platform. It can't seem to
find libffi.

This is under the .prepare step for the target build. libffi was successfully
built for the target already.

--------------------
target: glib.prepare
--------------------

checking for LIBFFI... no
configure: error: in `home/Toolchain/TQMa28/TQ-ARM-BSP-REV.0109/platform-
tqma28/build-target/glib-2.36.4':
configure: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is too old.
Make sure it
is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the full
path to pkg-config.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBFFI_CFLAGS
and LIBFFI_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I had downgraded gawk to 4.1.1 because I was getting a ton of warning. I also
tried export LIBFFI_CFLAGS and LIBFFI_LIBS, but I think ptxdist discard the
environment variables that I set.

I can provide more of the log if needed.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks