From: Dennis Miller <dennis.z.miller@outlook.com>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Sysroots and pkg-config (Qt 5.4.2)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 06:31:05 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

> > Building Qt is a totally different beast ...
> > I had to add a patch to the configure script to disable the gold linker
> > "CFG_USE_GOLD_LINKER=no". Turns out configure is using sysroot-cross ...
> > sysroot-cross has a wierd pkg-config (arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config
in my
> > case) which does not seem to work:
>
> Qt 5.3 is in our BSP which is implemented different than the current
mainline Qt 5.4.
> Mixing things is not expected to work.

First, instead of fixing the configure script, I figured I could pass
"-no-use-gold-linker"
to configure, that worked just as well.

Could you elaborate as to how "Qt 5.3 is [...] implemented different than
the current
mainline Qt 5.4."?

> > How do I continue building the latest Qt library?
>
> You can do
>
> - ptxdist migrate to bring the BSP to the current PTXdist version

Not an option as PTXdist 2015.05 (current version) does not feature Qt 5.4 ...
Besides, why migrate and risk errors?
I just want to upgrade Qt - I should be able to just drop-in the qt5.* rules
files, right?
Of course while doing so I should update dependencies as needed.

> - the you can remove the qt5 related rules from BSP
> - reconfigure to build with Qt 5.4 from mainline PTXdist

Which is exactly what I did:
- ran menuconfig to deselect Qt 5.3
- replaced the Qt 5.3 rules with the Qt 5.4 rules
- ran menuconfig to select Qt 5.4 (and options ...)

> - adopt Qt 5.4 mkspecs to find the correct EGL stuff

Is this the right way?
The configure script is told to use pkgconfig - Just getting the *.pc files
in the right spot
should be enough (and of course making sure all paths within those .pc files
are correct ...).
As a bonus, all other packages that use pkgconfig should work as well.

> - Feel free to contact TQ systems support

Judging from your email address, TQ systems is already aware of this!

Dennis