From: Sophie <s.carayol@lacroix-electronics.com>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: [ptxdist] Changes in device tree files
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 12:19:18 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Hi,

For a board based on the MBa6X (TQMa6s) TQ Group board, I tried to add our
needs in the device tree : we need to use i2c4. So I added the following
lines in imx6qdl-mba6x.dtsi and imx6qdl-tqma6x.dtsi

&i2c4 {
	status = "okay";
	clock-frequency = <100000>;
	pinctrl-names = "default";
	pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_i2c4_1>;
};
and then i2c4: i2c@021f8000 {
				#address-cells = <1>;
				#size-cells = <0>;
				compatible = "fsl,imx1-i2c",  "fsl,imx6q-i2c", "fsl,imx21-i2c";
				reg = <0x021f8000 0x4000>;
				interrupts = <0 35 0x04>;
			        clocks = <&clks 128>;
				status = "disabled";
			};
in imx6qdl.dtsi.

All these lines are OK. Then I added the following lines in
imx6qdl-tqma6x.dtsi et imx6qdl.dtsi files :

i2c4 {
		pinctrl_i2c4_1: i2c4grp-1 {
			fsl,pins = <
				MX6QDL_PAD_NANDF_WP_B__I2C4_SCL 0x4001b8b1
				MX6QDL_PAD_NANDF_CS3__I2C4_SDA  0x4001b8b1
			>;
		};
	};

But these lines can't be compiled and so generate a syntax error. Is anybody
knows why ?

Besides, I want to add an NVRAM (seen as an MTD-RAM) as we have one in our
design. I saw in the device tree documentation (device
tree/bindings/mtd/mtd-physmap.txt), that I have to add the following lines :

sram@2,0 {
		compatible = "samsung,k6f1616u6a", "mtd-ram";
		reg = <2 0 0x00200000>;
		bank-width = <2>;
	};

In what file of the same device tree would it be better to add these lines ?

Best regards,
Sophie