From: Steve Schefter <steve@scheftech.com>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] dependency issue
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 13:07:58 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Robert Schwebel <r.schwebel@...> writes:

> You can try to run 'ptxdist --debug go', which prints out the make
> deductions. Maybe that gives you a hint why Mesalib is built first.

Thanks Robert.

I tried that, but it just seems to confirm that it isn't considering
host-makedpend.  Details below.

First, it reports that it needs to build libdrm.  That is consistent with the
state/ptx_map_deps.sh line I quoted earlier:
PTX_MAP_DEP_MESALIB=HOST_MESALIB:LIBDRM:HOST_MAKEDEPEND:DRI2PROTO:XORG_LIB_X11:
XORG_LIB_XEXT:XORG_LIB_XXF86VM:XORG_LIB_XDAMAGE:XORG_LIB_XFIXES:XORG_PROTO_GL:
EXPAT:GCCLIBS

But then it moves on to building Mesalib without considering host-makedepend.
Even though there are no state/host-makedepend... files.

All of the other state files needed by the above map_deps line are in place (eg
state/xorg-lib-x11..., state/xorg-lib-xxf86vm...) so it rightly doesn't need to
do anything with those (has already done those).  It just seems to be
host-makedepend that it isn't considering.

Regards,
    Steve

 File `world' does not exist.
   File `state/ptx_image_fix_permissions' does not exist.
     File `state/graphics_ddk.targetinstall.post' does not exist.
       File `state/graphics_ddk.targetinstall' does not exist.
         File `state/xorg-server.targetinstall' does not exist.
           File `state/mesalib.targetinstall' does not exist.
             File `state/libdrm.install' does not exist.
               Must remake target `state/libdrm.install'.

(makes libdrm)

finished target libdrm.targetinstall
  Successfully remade target file `state/libdrm.targetinstall'.
    File `state/mesalib.install.post' does not exist.
      File `state/mesalib.install.pack' does not exist.
        File `state/mesalib.install' does not exist.
          File `state/mesalib.compile' does not exist.
            File `state/mesalib.prepare' does not exist.
              File `state/mesalib.extract' does not exist.
                Must remake target `state/mesalib.extract'.