* [ptxdist] dosfstools-3.0.9.tar.bz2 packet not available
@ 2012-08-12 11:34 dav
From: dav @ 2012-08-12 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi All,

I am trying to compile the BSP but the following packet is not available since 2
days (at least)

http://www.daniel-baumann.ch/software/dosfstools/dosfstools-3.0.9.tar.bz2
failed: Connection timed out.

alternative source also doesn't work :

http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/temporary-src/dosfstools-3.0.9.tar.bz2

is there a another source for this packet ? also how to indicate ptxdist to
download it from another place ?

thanks for your help,

Dav

* Re: [ptxdist] dosfstools-3.0.9.tar.bz2 packet not available
@ 2012-08-12 19:35 ` Juergen Beisert
From: Juergen Beisert @ 2012-08-12 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: dav

Hi Dav,

dav wrote:
> I am trying to compile the BSP but the following packet is not available
> since 2 days (at least)
>
> http://www.daniel-baumann.ch/software/dosfstools/dosfstools-3.0.9.tar.bz2
> failed: Connection timed out.
>
> alternative source also doesn't work :
>
> http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/temporary-src/dosfstools-3.0.9.t
>ar.bz2 HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
>
> is there a another source for this packet ?

I asked aunt Google for "dosfstools-3.0.9.tar.bz2" and:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/repo/pkgs/dosfstools/dosfstools-3.0.9.tar.bz2/

> also how to indicate ptxdist to download it from another place ?

The path where to download a specific archive is always defined in the
corresponding rule file. In your case the "rules/dosfstools.make" in the
PTXdist installation directory:

[...]
DOSFSTOOLS_URL := http://www.daniel-baumann.ch/software/dosfstools/$(DOSFSTOOLS_SRC)
[...]

You can change this path to let PTXdist always download it from a different
location. But when you assume the web source is only temp. unreachable, then
you can just download it from somewhere and store it to the directory where
PTXdist expects the already downloaded archives
(refer "ptxdist setup" -> Source Directories ---> (<your path>) Source Directory).
In this case PTXdist will never again try to download it from the web again
(download once - use often ;) ).

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |