* [ptxdist] How to patch a rule file
@ 2012-02-24 17:20 Robert Palmer
From: Robert Palmer @ 2012-02-24 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

I've searched the archives (unfortunately "patch" is VERY common)
and I read the "How to become a PTXdist Guru" from the pengutronix
web site.  In section 4.1.2 patch series, it gives an overview of
patching and it then list the search order, giving FOUR cases.
The last case is "bug fixing" and it goes on to describe that this
case is intended for patching rules in the PTXdist rule files.
This is EXACTLY what I need to do, unfortunately, that's the last
thing is says about this case.

specifically, I'm using ptxdist-2010.08.0 and GNU Make v3.82.
I'm trying to build the OSELAS toolchain, so I'm working with
that as the "project" directory

in the ptxdist rules there is apache2.make which needs to be
patched to run under Make v3.82 (there is a missing line
continuation character)

I have tried building a patch in my toolchain (project) /patches folder

a) naming the patch folder (package) 'apache2'
       -- matching the rule name found in ptxdist/rules
b) naming the folder 'httpd-2.0.58'
       -- matching the package name as described in the rule makefile

Neither case seems to even attempt to execute the patch

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated