* [ptxdist] VNC
@ 2012-06-01  8:25 Henrii Kraft
From: Henrii Kraft @ 2012-06-01  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello,

I am new to this list and have searched back to 2006. What I am looking
for is a VNC server that I can use on an embedded system (Cupid ARM with
embedded Linux). We are running a Qt and CAN Bus application.

Yours Henrik

* Re: [ptxdist] VNC
@ 2012-06-04 14:04 ` Jerry Kirk
From: Jerry Kirk @ 2012-06-04 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Henrii Kraft <Henrik.Kraft@...> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to this list and have searched back to 2006. What I am looking
> for is a VNC server that I can use on an embedded system (Cupid ARM with
> embedded Linux). We are running a Qt and CAN Bus application.
>
> Yours Henrik

I was looking around for the Remote Frame Buffer library, a piece of VNC,
support as well last week. It seemed like something that should be already be
present but I couldn't find it either. Maybe there is a well known alternative
that I'm just not aware of?

* Re: [ptxdist] VNC
@ 2012-06-04 14:33   ` Wolf, Matthias
From: Wolf, Matthias @ 2012-06-04 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi Henrik,

as you're running QT - did you take a look at the vnc feature provided by Qt?

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/qt-embedded-vnc.html

Maybe it's worth a look. The Qt library can be configured to provide VNC server capabilities out of the box. Is this what you're looking for?

This feature can be activated using ptxdist => menuconfig => Graphics & Multimedia => qt => qt => graphics driver

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Matthias Wolf
Kälte- und Gebäudeleittechnik (KGL)

ECKELMANN AG
Berliner Straße 161
D - 65205 Wiesbaden

Phone:  +49 (0) 611 / 7103 - 284
Fax:      +49 (0) 611 / 7103 - 133

e-Mail:   mailto:m.wolf@eckelmann.de
> I am new to this list and have searched back to 2006. What I am
> looking for is a VNC server that I can use on an embedded system
> (Cupid ARM with embedded Linux). We are running a Qt and CAN Bus application.
>
> Yours Henrik

I was looking around for the Remote Frame Buffer library, a piece of VNC, support as well last week. It seemed like something that should be already be present but I couldn't find it either. Maybe there is a well known alternative that I'm just not aware of?

ECKELMANN AG
Vorstand: Dr.-Ing. Gerd Eckelmann (Vorsitzender), Dr.-Ing. Peter Cordes, Dr.-Ing. Frank-Thomas Mellert
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hubertus G. Krossa
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Wiesbaden, Berliner Str.161
Amtsgericht Wiesbaden, HRB 12636

* Re: [ptxdist] VNC
@ 2012-06-05  6:47     ` Henrik Kraft
From: Henrik Kraft @ 2012-06-05  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Dear Matthias,

it seems to be the perfect feature I need.

kind regards
--
- Henrik Kraft -
Heitec GmbH

* Re: [ptxdist] VNC
@ 2012-06-05  6:50   ` Henrik Kraft
From: Henrik Kraft @ 2012-06-05  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Dear Jerry,

I found libvncserver at sourceforge and it could have been a solution.
The better way is what Matthias suggests.

Thanks for your contribution.
--
- Henrik Kraft -
Heitec GmbH

* Re: [ptxdist] VNC
@ 2012-06-07 13:05     ` Jerry Kirk
From: Jerry Kirk @ 2012-06-07 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Henrik Kraft <Henrik.Kraft@...> writes:

> Dear Jerry,
>
> I found libvncserver at sourceforge and it could have been a solution.
> The better way is what Matthias suggests.
>
> Thanks for your contribution.

Thanks Henrik, I found that as well. As this project don't need UI capability
like QT, only frame buffer support, I may try to create a package for that.