From: "Dr. Patrick Langfeld" <patrick.langfeld@optimeas.de>
To: "ptxdist@pengutronix.de" <ptxdist@pengutronix.de>
Subject: [ptxdist] Fw: Re: Crosscompile a WIFI USB stick firmware with ptxdist
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 15:56:10 +0000	[thread overview]

Dear Thomas,
please call me Patrick :-)
Thank you very much for your quick response! I cant believe that it
should be that simple - that would be really good news :-). (as my
developer experience is that things are almost always more complicated
than expected)

You mean it might be sufficient to copy the carl9170-1.fw to my targets
destination /usr/local/lib/firmware eg.
mkdir /usr/local/lib/firmware
mv carl9170-1.fw /usr/local/lib/firmware
Am I right?

Is there a way that ptxdist can care for that to automize the job?
OK, I will have a look at the "4.3 Adding binary only files" chapter,
page 45 of the "how to become a ptxdist guru" pdf. I think thats the
one.
What I will also need are the packages for "wireless-tools" and
"wpasupplicant".

in the userland (./ptx menuconfig) I already found the packages in
Networking Tools (cool)
<*> wireless tools
<*> wpa_supplicant
The latter has some subpackages
[ ] dbus control interface
[ ] AP mode
[ ] P2P
[ ] hostap
[ ] wext
[ ] ralink
[ ] nl80211
[ ] wired
[ ] roboswitch
[*] Install wpa_cli

Any idea what I will need as a minimum? Of course you will say that
depends on what I want to do ;-)
I want a) my device to be a client and connecting with an access point
and alternative b) a P2P connection with a PC (or multiple devices, each
of them with a P2P connection to a dedicated PC).

Best regards
Patrick