From: Alexander Dahl <post@lespocky.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] [ANNOUNCE] PTXdist 2012.01.0 released
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 13:36:57 +0100	[thread overview]

Hei hei,

Am 07.01.2012 23:46, schrieb Michael Olbrich:
> Robert Schwebel (10):
>       host-libffi: added

This seems to make problems over here. After migrating from ptxdist
2011.12.0 the related entries in my config are:

  % grep -i ffi configs/ptxconfig
  PTXCONF_HOST_LIBFFI=m
  PTXCONF_LIBFFI=m

In the menu I see:

  Selected by: PYGOBJECT [=n] || JAMVM [=n] && JAMVM_USE_LIBFFI [=n] ||
GLIB [=m]

GLIB is selected by: MC [=m] (nothing else) and midnight commander
itself is set to <M> because it is used or not in some collections I
work with.

Running `ptxdist go` with mc not set in the collection I get the
following error:

  ---------------------------
  target: libffi-3.0.9.tar.gz
  ---------------------------

  error: empty parameter to 'ptxd_make_get'

  make: ***
[/home/adahl/mnt/bagend-isys/Downloads/ptxdist_src_archive/libffi-3.0.9.tar.gz]
Error 1

This is when no libffi-3.0.9.tar.gz is downloaded yet. If I download it
manually in the appropriate folder, the build completes successfully.

The strang thing: if I select 'mc' in my collection so libffi gets also
selected through the dependencies, the get stage is executed correctly,
even if the archive was not downloaded yet.

So I assume there's some problem with the default get rule in case some
package has the 'M' marker but is not selected in the collection?

Greets
Alex

--
»With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)