* [ptxdist] RAUC support in ptxdist
@ 2016-11-23  7:54 Dold, Wolfram
From: Dold, Wolfram @ 2016-11-23  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi all,
I read about RAUC (Robust Auto-Update Controller) and I'm very interested in.
I found that there exists a Yocto layer.
Since I'm working with ptxdist I would like to ask if there is
planned to support RAUC in one of the upcoming ptxdist releases as well?

Best regards,

--
Wolfram Dold

* Re: [ptxdist] RAUC support in ptxdist
@ 2016-11-24 11:37 ` Enrico Joerns
From: Enrico Joerns @ 2016-11-24 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dold, Wolfram; +Cc: ptxdist

Hi Wolfram,

On 11/23/2016 08:54 AM, Dold, Wolfram wrote:
> Hi all,
> I read about RAUC (Robust Auto-Update Controller) and I'm very interested in.
> I found that there exists a Yocto layer.
> Since I'm working with ptxdist I would like to ask if there is
> planned to support RAUC in one of the upcoming ptxdist releases as well?

well, I decided to answer your initial question, not your re-post. Seems
as if its really urgent for you.

First of all great to hear you've read about RAUC. Thus I won't
disappoint you. Yes, of course there is RAUC support planned for
PTXdist, too. And we already have patches for this. The main reason why
they are not in PTXdist mainline, yet, is that we still have some points
where we are not sure how to map this to a recipe in a way that is both
flexible and easy to use, for example concerning certificate handling.

But to help you and others and to gather ideas from other users it is
now time to post the current state of work for rauc support in PTXdist.

I'll send the patches to the mailing list right after this mail. If you
use them, it would be great if you could share your experience about the
integration and maybe add some hints if something could be done better.

Best regards, Enrico

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Enrico Jörns                |
Peiner Str. 6-8, 31137 Hildesheim, Germany | Phone: +49-5121-206917-5080 |

* [ptxdist] RAUC support in ptxdist
@ 2016-11-24 10:25 Dold, Wolfram