* [ptxdist] udev & kmod
@ 2018-06-05 14:08 Jakov Simunic
From: Jakov Simunic @ 2018-06-05 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello,
my first question:
In ptxdist git repo, I can see in rules/udev.make that you use udev version 182, but that version requires at least libkmod > 5, but I don't see that you use kmod anywhere. How does your udev builds without kmod?
second question:
I am trying to get udev 182 to build, already did it outside of ptxdist, and since you don't have kmod, could you please me suggestions/advice/help on how to properly write rules/kmod.in and rules/kmod.make for the latest version which is 25??

* Re: [ptxdist] udev & kmod
@ 2018-06-05 14:19 ` Bastian Stender
From: Bastian Stender @ 2018-06-05 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: Jakov Simunic

Hi,

On 06/05/2018 04:08 PM, Jakov Simunic wrote:
> Hello, my first question: In ptxdist git repo, I can see in
> rules/udev.make that you use udev version 182, but that version
> requires at least libkmod > 5, but I don't see that you use kmod
> anywhere. How does your udev builds without kmod?

udev selects libkmod, see rules/udev.in.

> second question: I am trying to get udev 182 to build, already did it
> outside of ptxdist, and since you don't have kmod, could you please
> me suggestions/advice/help on how to properly write rules/kmod.in and
>  rules/kmod.make for the latest version which is 25??

Have a look in rules/libkmod.make, version 24. You can do a version
bump, if you like.

Regards,
Bastian

--