On 27.01.22 18:22, Alexander Dahl wrote: > Hello Mircea, > > On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 05:37:01PM +0100, Mircea Ciocan wrote: >> are there any official or unofficial rules to have docker container support >> build with PTXDist on aarch64 platforms > Do you mean running Docker containers on the target? Or buildung a > ptxdist based BSP in a Docker container? AFAIK there's neither one or > the other. > >> or I have to painfully dissect the >> Yocto's virtualization layer ? > If you're looking for inspiration for Docker on the target, you might > as well checkout the buildroot project [1]. That is more or less > similar to ptxdist conceptually, and IIRC it has support for Docker on > the target. Look out for package/docker* in their tree. > > Greets > Alex > > [1] https://www.buildroot.org/ Hello everybody and first of all thanks Alexander, indeed I need to be able to run docker images on the target. I don't disagree that docker is overkill for many things, but the customer uses docker images for some application distribution and other competing platforms supports it. The mention of buildroot really helped, and to also answer to some "answers", that boil down mostly to "why would you need such a thing...", we are talking here about an aarch64 platform, with full TF-A, OP-TEE, 3GiB RAM and tons of eMMC, that supports natively virtualization. A typical docker image for this platform is around 5MiB. So running docker images there is not some kind of crazy stuff, but it is presented like this: "...sure it should work, we use it since years since RPi2 devices, have a look...". So the times of Arm 920t or similar are coming to an end and will be a great thing if PTXDist will support running docker containers in the default rules at least for 64-bit architectures. I, of course, do not suggest to drop everything and integrate docker support, but maybe consider it as feature for the near future and not black-listed it by default, it's definitely here to stay. Best regards and a nice and relaxing weekend, Mircea