* [ptxdist] How to get ptxdist recognize changes in busybox Config.src?
@ 2022-05-03  9:24 Andreas Helmcke
From: Andreas Helmcke @ 2022-05-03  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello,

I am trying to make / change a patch for busybox. The patch contains
some changes to the busybox configuration in loginutils/Config.src.
Calling make menuconfig in
ptxdist/platform-.../build-target/busybox-1.35.0 works and shows the new
menu entries.
But ptxdist menuconfig does not offer this entries in the busybox menu
at -> PTXdist Base Configuration -> Shell & Console Tools.

Any suggestion how to make ptxdist recognize these changes?

Best regards,
Andreas

* Re: [ptxdist] How to get ptxdist recognize changes in busybox Config.src?
@ 2022-05-03 10:27 ` Christian Melki
From: Christian Melki @ 2022-05-03 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist, Andreas Helmcke

On 5/3/22 11:24 AM, Andreas Helmcke wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to make / change a patch for busybox. The patch contains
> some changes to the busybox configuration in loginutils/Config.src.
> Calling make menuconfig in
> ptxdist/platform-.../build-target/busybox-1.35.0 works and shows the new
> menu entries.
> But ptxdist menuconfig does not offer this entries in the busybox menu
> at -> PTXdist Base Configuration -> Shell & Console Tools.
>
> Any suggestion how to make ptxdist recognize these changes?

Hi.

Ptxdist keeps a set of the busybox configuration.
This is used to render the changes locally.
So any changes must also be reflected in the local set.
Take a look under config/busybox.
These are generated and refreshed in ptxdist when busybox is updated.
Ptxdist also contains migration handling for old busybox configurations.

Regards,
Christian

@ 2022-05-06  6:07   ` Michael Olbrich
From: Michael Olbrich @ 2022-05-06  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Melki; +Cc: Andreas Helmcke, ptxdist

Hi,

On Tue, May 03, 2022 at 12:27:17PM +0200, Christian Melki wrote:
> On 5/3/22 11:24 AM, Andreas Helmcke wrote:
> > I am trying to make / change a patch for busybox. The patch contains
> > some changes to the busybox configuration in loginutils/Config.src.
> > Calling make menuconfig in
> > ptxdist/platform-.../build-target/busybox-1.35.0 works and shows the new
> > menu entries.
> > But ptxdist menuconfig does not offer this entries in the busybox menu
> > at -> PTXdist Base Configuration -> Shell & Console Tools.
> >
> > Any suggestion how to make ptxdist recognize these changes?
> Ptxdist keeps a set of the busybox configuration.
> This is used to render the changes locally.
> So any changes must also be reflected in the local set.
> Take a look under config/busybox.
> These are generated and refreshed in ptxdist when busybox is updated.

What you need to do is this:
- Add the patches and extract busybox
- run "ptxdist make busybox_import PTXDIST_IMPORTDIR=`pwd`"

This will create the busybox kconfig files in config/busybox/ in your BSP.
They will be used instead of the files from PTXdist.

Michael