From: "Josef Holzmayr" <holzmayr@rsi-elektrotechnik.de>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Crosscompile a WIFI USB stick firmware with ptxdist
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 11:00:23 +0100	[thread overview]

From: Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@free-electrons.com>
> So again, unless you need to make modifications to the firmware, I
> would probably recommend to go with a pre-built version.

Yes, I would strongly recommend exactly the same.
On the other hand, I am thinking at the moment about a constellation
where I have a cortex a9 and a cortex m3 in AMP configuration, and the m3
firmware is also "under development" or project specific as you put it, and not some
binary blob. So what might be suggestions here?

So far I've come up with
a) two separate build processes / ptxdist projects
b) make the m3 build configurable through .in file options and then build by Makefile
c) ???

A penny for your thoughts ;)

Joe

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG