Great ! it worked, ( but in fact i thought that he old config is saved in old.config and that we don't require to save the configuration to .config )!! thanks again :) Regards, Mohtadi Barhoumi > Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 13:52:24 +0200 > From: post@lespocky.de > To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de > Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Loading kernel configuration from an existing platform ( where is the file ??? :D ) > > Hei hei, > > Am 2012-05-02 09:53, schrieb barhoumi mohtadi: > > I've tried to load that file , i can see that options are checked, i > > save my configuration, but when running kernelconfig another time, > > it's like i've done nothing!! the confiugration has not been loaded > > properly i guess... > > This sounds like a problem one has with upgrading kernels too. In our > BSP there's this: > > PTXCONF_KERNEL_CONFIG="kernelconfig-${PTXCONF_KERNEL_VERSION}" > > So there's one config for each kernel version. When upgrading I do the > following: > > * `ptxdist kernelconfig` > * "Load an Alternate Configuration File" – Here load your old config, > the in background called 'make menuconfig' for the kernelconfig handles > new options. > * Do your settings or check your old ones. > * "Save an Alternate Configuration File" – Enter '.config' here. > > ptxdist handles copying .config to > kernelconfig-${PTXCONF_KERNEL_VERSION} in both directions, at least this > is what I guessed from the behaviour. > > So you do not only need to load your old config but save it to .config > (without path before). You can now call `ptxdist kernelconfig` again and > your config should still be there. > > HTH & Greets > Alex > > -- > »With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, > the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all > irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie) > *** GnuPG-FP: 02C8 A590 7FE5 CA5F 3601 D1D5 8FBA 7744 CC87 10D0 *** > > -- > ptxdist mailing list > ptxdist@pengutronix.de