Hi, Thanks for your response : I've tried to load that file , i can see that options are checked, i save my configuration, but when running kernelconfig another time, it's like i've done nothing!! the confiugration has not been loaded properly i guess... :\ > To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de > From: dave_festing@hotmail.com > Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 20:27:10 +0000 > Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Loading kernel configuration from an existing platform ( where is the file ??? :D ) > > barhoumi mohtadi writes: > > > > > > > hi everyone , i have to reconstruct a kernel configuration of a > > new platform from an existing one after i was forced to re-install my ubuntu, > i want to load the kernelconfig file of the older system ( i have saved my /home > ( and of course my BSPFolder) as well as my /usr, > > but i didn't found the kernel config anywhere. there is in > > /BSPFOlder_Of_What_I_Had/configs/my_architecture two kernel (2.6.37 and 3.0) > files that does not > > correspond to the configurations of the older system and that are exactly the > same as the files in /mynewBSPFolder/configs/my_architecture.Anyone could help > find out where the kernel file is stored?Thanks > > Mohtadi BARHOUMI > > Ingénieur R&D en infotmatique au CReSTIC > > > > Université de Reims Champagne-Ardennes (URCA) > > Campus Moulin de la Housse, Bâtiment 12, Bureau 41 > > Mobile : +33(0)6 18 98 18 84 > > E-mail : mohtadi.barhoumi univ-reims.fr / > mohtadi_barhoumi@hotmail.fr > > > > > Just some suggestions: did you look in > /platform-mini2440/build-target/linux-version-you-want/.config (a hidden file) > and /configs/platform-friendlyarm-mini240/kernelconfig-used-you-want. > > My current understanding is that both these files have the same content and when > you run ptxdist kernelconfig it will first look at the 2nd file I mentioned. > > > > -- > ptxdist mailing list > ptxdist@pengutronix.de