* [ptxdist] Inconsistent proxy behaviour and proposed fixes
@ 2013-03-12 16:07 Dennis.Herbrich
From: Dennis.Herbrich @ 2013-03-12 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello everyone!

As I am enduring a rather annoying proxy setup, I tend to run into
download problems every now and then when using ptxdist. :)

With the current master of ptxdist (2013.03.0 + a few) I encountered a
strange behaviour with several packages on kernel.org. I do not have any
proxy configured with ptxdist setup. wget would correctly initiate the
download with the proxy defined in http_proxy for
http://www.kernel.org/[...],
where it will be redirected to https://www.kernel.org/[...], which is then
attempted to be downloaded directly without proxy, which obviously fails.
My https_proxy environment is correctly set, using wget directly from
the shell is working fine. Setting my http proxy in ptxdist setup did
not fix the issue.

I successfully traced the problem and discovered two mostly
independent issues:

ptxdist (correctly) cleans the environment before calling wget,
and only leaves http_proxy and ftp_proxy (among others) intact. This
breaks setting a shell environment for no_proxy and https_proxy, which I
am relying on. Either no proxy environment at all should be whitelisted,
thus forcing the definition of proxies in the ptxdist setup, or all
relevant proxy environment settings should be retained. See the
following PATCH 1/2 for a fix implementing the latter, as I consider my
proxy settings as user/build host specific and not necessarily as an
attribute of a ptxdist project. It is worth noting that setting the
environment whitelist to "https_proxy no_proxy" in the "Developer
Options" menu is a workaround.

The second issue is the inability to set a HTTPS proxy or proxy
exception (the no_proxy envvar) with ptxdist setup at all. PATCH 2/2
adds this missing functionality.

Best regards,
Dennis Herbrich

Hytera Mobilfunk GmbH
Fritz-Hahne-Str. 7
31848 Bad Münder/ Germany
Abteilung E

Tel.: + 49 (0) 5042 998 339
Fax: + 49 (0) 5042 998 305
mailto:dennis.herbrich@hytera.de

Geschäftsführer / President:  Matthias Klausing,  Sitz der Gesellschaft /
Company's Place of Business: Bad Muender,  Registereintrag / Commercial
Register No.  Amtsgericht / Local Court Hannover: HRB  100300,
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer (USt-IdNr.) / VAT Identification No.:
DE 115 447 987,  Elektro-Altgeräte Register (EAR) / WEEE Register No.: DE
187 048 87

* Re: [ptxdist] Inconsistent proxy behaviour and proposed fixes
@ 2013-03-13  9:28 ` Marc Kleine-Budde
From: Marc Kleine-Budde @ 2013-03-13  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: Dennis.Herbrich