Hi, I am having problems with Makefiles in which I am referring to variables that are defined in other Makefiles. Sometimes it is working and I get the correct value, but for some packages I am getting an empty string. So for testing I set up two identical packages "automoddel" and "automaddel" (see attachment). The only difference is the "a" and the "o", everything else is 100% the same. Then in another Makefile I refer to variables of these packages like this: TEST1 := $(AUTOMADDEL_VERSION) TEST2 := $(AUTOMODDEL_VERSION) Now the curious thing is that "TEST1" contains the correct version "trunk", but "TEST2" is contains an empty string: "ptxdist print TEST1" returns: trunk "ptxdist print TEST2" returns: (nothing) If I change := to = the problem is gone, but that still not explains why the := assignment is working for one package but not for another. Maybe someone has a clue about that? I am using ptxdist-2011.09.0. Thanks in advance, Richard