* [ptxdist] [ANNOUNCE] PTXdist 2012.10.0 released
@ 2012-10-12  9:45 Michael Olbrich
From: Michael Olbrich @ 2012-10-12  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that I've just released ptxdist-2012.10.0.
No really big changes this time. Mostly bugfixes, a few version bumps, new
packages and various cleanups.

Thanks to all contributers and - as always - the shortlog below.

Enjoy,
Michael Olbrich

Alexander Dahl (2):
      util-linux-ng: make target install of 'column' possible
      ssmtp: install optional symlinks from sendmail to ssmtp

Benoît Burnichon (1):
      bash_completion: Allow links to be completed

Christoph Fritz (1):
      rootfs: add choice to link resolv.conf to /proc/net/pnp

George McCollister (3):
      openssl: bump to 1.0.0j
      libpng: switch source from gz to xz
      libpng: bump to 1.2.50

Jan Luebbe (2):
      rootfs: support for symlink resolv.conf to /run
      busybox: add patch to fix -Wformat-security problem

Joseph A. Lutz (1):
      SYSREQ library was being included twice

Marc Kleine-Budde (1):
      bluez: add missing dependency to glib

Michael Olbrich (54):
      host-autotools-libtool: don't build static libs
      host-gettext-dummy: don't build static libs
      host-gettext: don't build static libs
      host-libffi: don't build static libs
      host-libiconv: don't build static libs
      host-opkg: don't build static libs
      host-xz: don't build static libs
      ncurses: don't build static libs
      dbus: version bump 1.6.0 -> 1.6.4
      host-dbus: explicitly list all relevant configure options
      host-dbus-glib: don't build static libs
      host-eggdbus: don't build static libs
      host-expat: don't build static libs
      host-freetype: don't build static libs
      host-libxml2: don't build static libs
      host-libxslt: don't build static libs
      host-xorg-lib-Xfont: don't build static libs
      dbus-glib: don't build static libs
      eggdbus: don't build static libs
      libxml2: don't build static libs
      libxslt: don't build static libs
      host-unfs3: new package
      libptxdist: add ptxd_get_kconfig
      ptxdist: add command to export the nfsroot with a userspace nfsd
      host-acl: fix HOST_ACL_INSTALL_OPT
      host-fakeroot: depend on host-acl
      qt4: version bump 4.8.2 -> 4.8.3
      ptxdist: add compiler check for 'nfsroot'
      libkmod: verion bump 9 -> 10
      host-unfs3: fix patch
      ptxd_make_nfsd: export the whole platform
      systemd: call aclocal with '-I m4'
      udev: fix installing legacy udev
      rsyslog: fix for new systemd
      systemd: needs libdl
      dbus: no need to create /etc/machine-id if systemd is doing it
      systemd: version bump 189 -> 193
      sshd@.service: mark 255 as successful exit status
      ptxd_make_nfsd: don't depend on world
      boost: version bumpt 1.47.0 -> 1.51.0
      dt: fix dependencies and build environment
      telnetd/urshd: start only with ptxdist-devel in the kernel command line
      host-genimage: version bump 3 -> 4
      add new-style rules for root.cpio/root.cpio.gz
      fake-overlayfs: add systemd support
      fake-overlayfs: fix typo in init script
      ptxd_make_image_genimage: allow specifying packages directly
      ptxd_template_new_image_tgz: fix filename
      bash_completion: simplify
      host-libgcrypt: add dummy package to provide libgcrypt.m4
      systemd: version bump 193 -> 194
      wpa_supplicant: install wpa_supplicant.service
      libpng: don't forget the patches for the new version
      ptx/collection: new macro to generate a package list from a collectionconfig

Wolf Erik (1):
      schedtool: add package

Wolfram Sang (1):
      dt (data test program): add package

* Re: [ptxdist] [ANNOUNCE] PTXdist 2012.10.0 released
@ 2012-10-15 14:54 ` Alexander Dahl
From: Alexander Dahl @ 2012-10-15 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hei hei,

Am 2012-10-12 11:45, schrieb Michael Olbrich:
> I'm happy to announce that I've just released ptxdist-2012.10.0.
> No really big changes this time. Mostly bugfixes, a few version bumps, new
> packages and various cleanups.

Migrated one BSP today, without any obvious problems.

> Thanks to all contributers and - as always - the shortlog below.

Thanks to you for thorough patch review and kind responses here. :)

Greets
Alex

--
»With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)

* Re: [ptxdist] [ANNOUNCE] PTXdist 2012.10.0 released
@ 2012-10-16  5:18 ` Wolf Erik
From: Wolf Erik @ 2012-10-16  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Michael Olbrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm happy to announce that I've just released ptxdist-2012.10.0.
> No really big changes this time. Mostly bugfixes, a few version
> bumps, new packages and various cleanups.

Could it be possible that systemd 194 make problems?

Have tried to migrate to the new ptxdist --> kernel will boot until "[    2.410000] Freeing init memory: ..." and than systemd doesn't starts.

I've also backported only systemd from 2012.10.0 to 2011.09.1 --> same problem.

> Thanks to all contributers and - as always - the shortlog below.
>
> Enjoy,
> Michael Olbrich

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

i.A. Erik Wolf
Hardwareentwicklung

Neuberger Gebäudeautomation GmbH
Oberer Kaiserweg 6
91541 Rothenburg o.d.T.

Telefon:  +49 9861 402-542
Telefax:  +49 9861 402-533
E-Mail:   erik.wolf@neuberger.net
Internet: www.neuberger.net

Handelsregister: AG Ansbach HRB 4933
Sitz: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
Geschäftsführer: Klaus Lenkner
Ust.IdNr. DE 271 188 426

* Re: [ptxdist] [ANNOUNCE] PTXdist 2012.10.0 released
@ 2012-10-16  6:26   ` Schenk, Gavin
From: Schenk, Gavin @ 2012-10-16  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi,

> Could it be possible that systemd 194 make problems?

Systemd 194 works well on my system.

> Have tried to migrate to the new ptxdist --> kernel will boot until "[
> 2.410000] Freeing init memory: ..." and than systemd doesn't starts.
>
> I've also backported only systemd from 2012.10.0 to 2011.09.1 --> same
> problem.

2011.09.1 worked for me, too. I guess your kernel cannot mount the rootfs. Have you changed
kernel, kernel-parameter and/or image generation? Do you boot via NFS?

Regards,
Gavin
Eckelmann Aktiengesellschaft
Vorstand: Dr.-Ing. Gerd Eckelmann (Vorsitzender)
Dr.-Ing. Peter Cordes, Dr.-Ing. Frank-Thomas Mellert
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hubertus G. Krossa
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berliner Str. 161, 65205 Wiesbaden Amtsgericht Wiesbaden HRB 12636

* Re: [ptxdist] [ANNOUNCE] PTXdist 2012.10.0 released
@ 2012-10-16  6:52     ` Wolf Erik
From: Wolf Erik @ 2012-10-16  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Schenk, Gavin wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Could it be possible that systemd 194 make problems?
>>
> Systemd 194 works well on my system.
>
>> Have tried to migrate to the new ptxdist --> kernel will boot until
>> "[
>> 2.410000] Freeing init memory: ..." and than systemd doesn't starts.
>>
>> I've also backported only systemd from 2012.10.0 to 2011.09.1 -->
>> same problem.
>>

> 2011.09.1 worked for me, too. I guess your kernel cannot mount the
> rootfs. Have you changed kernel, kernel-parameter and/or image
> generation? Do you boot via NFS?

2012.09.01 has worked for me too, but it doesen't worked with systemd 194 which i have backported.

I have changed nothing at kernel, kernel-parameter or image. Only ptxdist resp. systemd update.

In this case I'll boot from nand, because nfs boot doesn't work since systemd 189.
I have subscribed to systemd mailinglist because there was a topic about this problem.
Lennart means it could be a bug and have tried to fix it and now I want to check whether it works or not.

@ 2012-10-16  8:14       ` Schenk, Gavin
From: Schenk, Gavin @ 2012-10-16  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi,

> > 2011.09.1 worked for me, too. I guess your kernel cannot mount the
> > rootfs. Have you changed kernel, kernel-parameter and/or image
> > generation? Do you boot via NFS?
>
> 2012.09.01 has worked for me too, but it doesen't worked with systemd 194
> which i have backported.
>
> I have changed nothing at kernel, kernel-parameter or image. Only ptxdist
> resp. systemd update.

Hm, sorry I guessed it because it is a common issue :(

Can you add "systemd.log_level=debug systemd.log_target=console" to your kernel cmdline? Maybe you get some more information about the problem.

> In this case I'll boot from nand, because nfs boot doesn't work since
> systemd 189.
NFS works for me in any version 184 and 194. If it is a bug it seems to be bound to the arch, I have a X86 (Atom) system. It boots from SSD on S-ATA when I am not booting from NFS. Both, NFS and SSD works good for me with systemd 194.

> I have subscribed to systemd mailinglist because there was a topic about
> this problem.
> Lennart means it could be a bug and have tried to fix it and now I want to
> check whether it works or not.
Good luck!

@ 2012-10-18  5:25         ` Wolf Erik
From: Wolf Erik @ 2012-10-18  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Schenk, Gavin wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> 2011.09.1 worked for me, too. I guess your kernel cannot mount the
>>> rootfs. Have you changed kernel, kernel-parameter and/or image
>>> generation? Do you boot via NFS?
>>
>> 2012.09.01 has worked for me too, but it doesen't worked with
>> systemd 194 which i have backported.
>>
>> I have changed nothing at kernel, kernel-parameter or image. Only
>> ptxdist resp. systemd update.
>>
> Hm, sorry I guessed it because it is a common issue :(
>
> Can you add "systemd.log_level=debug systemd.log_target=console" to
> your kernel cmdline? Maybe you get some more information about the
> problem.

No changes and no debug outputs when i have added this. :( Other ideas?

[    2.380000] VFS: Mounted root (ubifs filesystem) on device 0:13.
[    2.390000] devtmpfs: mounted
[    2.400000] Freeing init memory: 116K