* [ptxdist] rsyslog does not work with systemd 189
@ 2012-09-19 10:13 Schenk, Gavin
From: Schenk, Gavin @ 2012-09-19 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi,

rsyslog does not work with systemd 189. One cause is the systemd unitfile delivered with rsyslog.
It looks like:

<SNIP>
[Unit]
Description=System Logging Service

[Service]
ExecStartPre=/bin/systemctl stop systemd-kmsg-syslogd.service
ExecStart=@sbindir@/rsyslogd -n -c6
Sockets=syslog.socket
StandardOutput=null
</SNIP>

But in newer systemd environments it should look like:
[Unit]
Description=System Logging Service
Requires=syslog.socket

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/syslog-ng -n
StandardOutput=null

[Install]
Alias=syslog.service
WantedBy=multi-user.target

The systemd-kmsg-syslogd.service does not exist anymore and this leads to infinite errors during bootup. I had a look to newer versions of rsyslog, but even in rsyslog 7.1.3 the rsyslog.service.in looks the same old way.

I am not sure what is the best way to fix this? Meantime I use a local patch in my project.

Regards
Gavin
Eckelmann Aktiengesellschaft
Vorstand: Dr.-Ing. Gerd Eckelmann (Vorsitzender)
Dr.-Ing. Peter Cordes, Dr.-Ing. Frank-Thomas Mellert
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hubertus G. Krossa
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Wiesbaden Amtsgericht Wiesbaden HRB 12636