Hi Juergen, Thank you for prompt response. I want to apply the patch to the existing package without extracting it from archive file. So that I can avoid building package from start. For example take kernel, if I change something and want to add this to final build, it has to be compiled from start if it needs extract to apply the patch. I have referred section 4.2.5, but unfortunately I did not get what I am looking for. Please help me in this regard. Thanks & Regards. Prabhakar. On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 4:17 PM, Juergen Borleis wrote: > Hi Prabhakar, > > On Thursday 22 October 2015 04:48:48 Prabhakara Rao Kolusu (WMSC-HW) wrote: > > I would like to know how to apply a patch to a already extracted package. > > I do not want to remove the source directory of package and re extract > it. > > > > Could you please help me if there is an easy method. > > Do you mean you want to add your patch in a persistent manner or just add > it > and test something? > > You could refer the PTXdist manual[1], section 4.2.5 for example. > > Regards, > Juergen > > [1] > > http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/appnotes/OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic-arm-Quickstart.pdf > > -- > Pengutronix e.K. | Juergen Borleis > | > Industrial Linux Solutions | http://www.pengutronix.de/ > | >