* [ptxdist] libfakeroot problem
@ 2013-03-13  9:51 Raz
From: Raz @ 2013-03-13  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

I am posting this after i spent some time trying to figure out why do i the
annoying message "fakeroot preload library libfakeroot.so' not found
aborting" in ptxdist.

This message is not related to fakeroot installed on the hosting machine,
so trying fakeroot
locally with success does not mean much. to figure what the problem is i
used ptxdist bash
command and in it i run fakeroot  and got the same message - preload error.

It appears that fakeroot script has some sort of a bug, the enviroment
variable
FAKEROOT_SYSROOT is not prefixed with a $ sign.
once i added to FAKEROOT_SYSROOT the $ sign and copied the fakeroot
script to to platform-i586/sysroot-host/bin/fakeroot.

* Re: [ptxdist] libfakeroot problem
@ 2013-03-13 11:38 ` Michael Olbrich
From: Michael Olbrich @ 2013-03-13 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 11:51:23AM +0200, Raz wrote:
> I am posting this after i spent some time trying to figure out why do i the
> annoying message "fakeroot preload library libfakeroot.so' not found
> aborting" in ptxdist.
>
> This message is not related to fakeroot installed on the hosting machine,
> so trying fakeroot
> locally with success does not mean much. to figure what the problem is i
> used ptxdist bash
> command and in it i run fakeroot  and got the same message - preload error.
>
> It appears that fakeroot script has some sort of a bug, the enviroment
> variable
> FAKEROOT_SYSROOT is not prefixed with a $ sign.
> once i added to FAKEROOT_SYSROOT the $ sign and copied the fakeroot
> script to to platform-i586/sysroot-host/bin/fakeroot.

Which ptxdist version? FAKEROOT_SYSROOT is a place-holder that should be
replaced with the correct path when ptxdist installs the script to
sysroot-host/bin/

mfg,
Michael Olbrich