* [ptxdist] tslib location compiled by PTxdist
@ 2013-01-09  8:45 Ruben Louw
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ruben Louw @ 2013-01-09  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi everyone

Does anyone know where ptxdist ompiles the tslib used for Qt on the target
board?

I'm having some trouble locating it.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advanced

Ruben

* Re: [ptxdist] tslib location compiled by PTxdist
@ 2013-01-09  8:57 ` Tim Sander
From: Tim Sander @ 2013-01-09  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi Ruben

I have just noticed that with the change to the wrapper based configuration the
qmake based building has become much more inconvinent. I would recommend
that you use a older (e.g.2012.09.1) ptxdist version where qmake configures the
projects correctly out of the box. Then your problems with qtcreator should
also go away.

Best regards
Tim

* Re: [ptxdist] tslib location compiled by PTxdist
@ 2013-01-09  9:00 ` dave festing
From: dave festing @ 2013-01-09  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

find -name tslib* -print

in your /home/Pengutronix BSP directory/platform-mini2440/root/

Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 10:45:04 +0200
From: lfxciii@gmail.com
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: [ptxdist] tslib location compiled by PTxdist

Hi everyone

Does anyone know where ptxdist ompiles the tslib used for Qt on the target board?

I'm having some trouble locating it.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advanced

Ruben

* Re: [ptxdist] tslib location compiled by PTxdist
@ 2013-01-09  9:01   ` Ruben Louw
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Ruben Louw @ 2013-01-09  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi Tim

Thanks for the advice. Can I still use the 2012.12.0 BSP with ptxdist
2012.09.1?

Regards

@ 2013-01-09  9:03     ` Tim Sander
From: Tim Sander @ 2013-01-09  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi Ruben
> Thanks for the advice. Can I still use the 2012.12.0 BSP with ptxdist
> 2012.09.1?
I think it should work, you have to do a "ptxdist migrate" though.
Tim

Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH, Im Tiefen See 45, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany | www.hbm.com

Registered as GmbH (German limited liability corporation) in the commercial register at the local court of Darmstadt, HRB 1147
Company domiciled in Darmstadt | CEO: Andreas Huellhorst | Chairman of the board: James Charles Webster

Als Gesellschaft mit beschraenkter Haftung eingetragen im Handelsregister des Amtsgerichts Darmstadt unter HRB 1147
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Darmstadt | Geschaeftsfuehrung: Andreas Huellhorst | Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: James Charles Webster

The information in this email is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please let me know and delete this email.

Die in dieser E-Mail enthaltene Information ist vertraulich und lediglich fur den Empfaenger bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der eigentliche Empfaenger sein, informieren Sie mich bitte kurz und loeschen diese E-Mail.

* Re: [ptxdist] tslib location compiled by PTxdist
@ 2013-01-09  9:04     ` Ruben Louw
From: Ruben Louw @ 2013-01-09  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

thank you Dave, will try it. Do you perhaps know which qmake.conf to change
to include this path? I just need to be sure.

thanks

@ 2013-01-09  9:05     ` Tim Sander
From: Tim Sander @ 2013-01-09  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi Ruben

@ 2013-01-09  9:08       ` dave festing
From: dave festing @ 2013-01-09  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

I don't know.

Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 11:04:19 +0200
From: lfxciii@gmail.com
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] tslib location compiled by PTxdist

@ 2013-01-09  9:11         ` Ruben Louw
From: Ruben Louw @ 2013-01-09  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

cool thanks guys, will play around some more, at least I got some new ideas.

@ 2013-01-09  9:14 ` Juergen Beisert
       [not found]   ` <CAOP6b3jcefipmst5hCGsf8BOQYXnPQji75faz_h9OrpQe9heVA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Juergen Beisert @ 2013-01-09  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: Ruben Louw

Hi Ruben,

Ruben Louw wrote:
> Does anyone know where ptxdist ompiles the tslib used for Qt on the target
> board?
>
> I'm having some trouble locating it.
>
> Any advice welcome.

Enabling the symbols "QT4" and "QT4_MOUSE_TSLIB" will force the build of
tslib.

I started with a clean BSP project and run "ptxdist targetinstall qt4". After
completion I get:

OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Mini2440 $ ls platform-mini2440/sysroot-target/usr/lib/libts*
platform-mini2440/sysroot-target/usr/lib/libts-0.0.so.0      platform-mini2440/sysroot-target/usr/lib/libts.la
platform-mini2440/sysroot-target/usr/lib/libts-0.0.so.0.1.1  platform-mini2440/sysroot-target/usr/lib/libts.so

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |

@ 2013-01-09  9:59     ` Juergen Beisert
From: Juergen Beisert @ 2013-01-09  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ruben Louw; +Cc: ptxdist

Hi Ruben,

Ruben Louw wrote:
> I think I made a mistake then, when building the BSP, I just used ptxdist
> select configs/ptxconfig.qt, and ptxdist platform configs/platform...128
> then ptxdist go. do I have to build qt amd the tslib seperately using
> ptxdist targetinstall qt4?

No, you didn't made a mistake. "ptxdist go" builds everything enabled in the
menuconfig. "ptxdist targetinstall qt4" just compiles one of the enabled
packages. I have used this command, to speed up my test, if the tslib is
built correctly.

So: also when you run "ptxdist go" with "configs/ptxconfig.qt" selected, the
tslib should be at the same location like here on my host, when PTXdist
finishes its work.

> I'm still trying to figure out how ptxdist works, going through the doc you
> sent and making sense of it.
>
> Please bare with me.

You're welcome.

Regards,
Juergen

--

@ 2013-01-09 10:37       ` Ruben Louw
From: Ruben Louw @ 2013-01-09 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Beisert

Hi Juergen

Glad to hear I didnt make a mistake and good to know what targetinstall
means. The thing is, as far as I can see, is that I need to specify the lib
path to qmake.conf. But I'm not sure which qmake.conf will be used when
building my app, do you perhaps know?

Thanks for your help.

Ruben

@ 2013-01-09 13:00       ` Ruben Louw