* [ptxdist] Building/fetching kernel firmware
@ 2016-04-07  9:32 Wim Vinckier
From: Wim Vinckier @ 2016-04-07  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi ptx,

I'm wondering if there's a default way in ptx to build or fetch the
kernel firmware.  Does anyone has any suggestion?

Kind regards,

wim.

* Re: [ptxdist] Building/fetching kernel firmware
@ 2016-04-07 12:37 ` Michael Olbrich
From: Michael Olbrich @ 2016-04-07 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 11:32:30AM +0200, Wim Vinckier wrote:
> I'm wondering if there's a default way in ptx to build or fetch the
> kernel firmware.  Does anyone has any suggestion?

There is no predefined rule for that. Just drop the firmware file into
projectroot/ and write a rule for it with "ptxdist newpackage file".

Michael

* Re: [ptxdist] Building/fetching kernel firmware
@ 2016-04-07 15:36   ` Wim Vinckier
From: Wim Vinckier @ 2016-04-07 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

On 7 April 2016 at 14:37, Michael Olbrich <m.olbrich@pengutronix.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 11:32:30AM +0200, Wim Vinckier wrote:
>> I'm wondering if there's a default way in ptx to build or fetch the
>> kernel firmware.  Does anyone has any suggestion?
>
> There is no predefined rule for that. Just drop the firmware file into
> projectroot/ and write a rule for it with "ptxdist newpackage file".

I was hoping there was a default way to fetch the useful kernel
modules from http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git
but it seems like there isn't one.  Fetching the whole tree is just a
little to much for my system.  I already have a package which just
copies the firmware from my working system but fetching the firmware
from is projectroot is a better idea.  Thanks for the suggestion.

* Re: [ptxdist] Building/fetching kernel firmware
@ 2016-04-07 15:48     ` Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
From: Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia @ 2016-04-07 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

> On 7 April 2016 at 14:37, Michael Olbrich <m.olbrich@pengutronix.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 11:32:30AM +0200, Wim Vinckier wrote:
>>> I'm wondering if there's a default way in ptx to build or fetch the
>>> kernel firmware.  Does anyone has any suggestion?
>>
>> There is no predefined rule for that. Just drop the firmware file into
>> projectroot/ and write a rule for it with "ptxdist newpackage file".
>
> I was hoping there was a default way to fetch the useful kernel
> modules from http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git
> but it seems like there isn't one.  Fetching the whole tree is just a
> little to much for my system.  I already have a package which just
> copies the firmware from my working system but fetching the firmware
> from is projectroot is a better idea.  Thanks for the suggestion.

You also can fetch one specific file instead of the whole tree (just
setup the URL so that it points to the file you need)

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodriguez@gmail.com

* [ptxdist] Building/fetching kernel firmware
@ 2016-03-17 15:08 wim vinckier