* [ptxdist] Issue while install libgcc
@ 2015-09-17  8:49 Wim Vinckier
From: Wim Vinckier @ 2015-09-17  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi,

I've just installed a fresh debian virtual machine with the crosstool
from debian for arm.  For your info, I just installed it running this:

cat > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/crosstools.list <<EOF
deb http://emdebian.org/tools/debian/ jessie main
EOF
wget -O - http://emdebian.org/tools/debian/emdebian-toolchain-archive.key
| apt-key add -
dpkg --add-architecture armel
apt-get update
apt-get install crossbuild-essential-armel cpp-arm-linux-gnueabi

I compiled and installed ptxdist-2015-08.0 and I'm trying to rebuild a
project which I previously compiled against ptxdist-2015-01.

While trying to install libgcc, I got an error on
install_copy_toolchain_lib.  ptxdist told me:
> ptxdist: error: cannot identify prefix and no user supplied dest
The easiest way to fix it was reverting the patch which seems to be
applied a while ago.  I think it was a while ago because I found this
message [1].  After adding the /lib again as the installation path,
the compilation continued.

Is there any other way to fix this? Or does anyone has a suggestion on
what I did wrong?

[1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.embedded.ptxdist.devel/8986

Kind regards,

wim vinckier.

* Re: [ptxdist] Issue while install libgcc
@ 2015-09-17 13:16 ` Wim Vinckier
From: Wim Vinckier @ 2015-09-17 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hm, I got stuck again on a simular issue.  glibc can't get installed.
I'm now getting this error:

ptxdist: error: directory
'/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi' does not exist

I really don't get it where is goes wrong.

wim vinckier.

@ 2015-09-18  8:18   ` Wim Vinckier
From: Wim Vinckier @ 2015-09-18  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

It seems to work if I use the old oselas toolchain from
http://www.pengutronix.de/oselas/toolchain/index_en.html but I wonder
if there's any update available yet.  Jessie doesn't seem to be on the
repository.

Kind regard,

wim vinckier.