* [ptxdist] local rule makefile include $(PTXDIST_TOPDIR)/rules/...
@ 2018-08-03  8:25 Jon Ringle
From: Jon Ringle @ 2018-08-03  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi,

As a follow up to my patch "Detect changes in package patch series",
I'd like to be able to further this by having the ability to maintain
my own patch series for a package without having to be forced to also
maintain the package's rules makefile as well. To try to achieve this
I tried having the following content in my local rule makefile:

~/git/rootfs$ cat rules/systemd.make
SYSTEMD_SERIES_SHA256   := # I want to maintain only my patch series locally...
include $(PTXDIST_TOPDIR)/rules/systemd.make

Unfortunately, this does not work as desired:
~/git/rootfs$ ~/git/ptxdist/bin/ptxdist --force extract systemd

-----------------------
target: systemd.extract
-----------------------

patchin: no patches found
finished target systemd.extract

In fact, all targets given to this package don't behave:
~/git/rootfs$ ~/git/ptxdist/bin/ptxdist --force targetinstall systemd

target: systemd.targetinstall.post

finished target systemd.targetinstall.post

Any ideas on either other approaches to tackle this problem or
direction on where to start hacking at the ptxdist code to make my
approach workable?

Regards,
-Jon