Most source tarballs have a top level directory in the form of package-version, but I've run into one that doesn't conform to this standard practice. I'm trying to build a .make file for pugixml-1.2 ( http://pugixml.googlecode.com/files/pugixml-1.2.tar.gz), but there is no directory pugixml-1.2/ as the toplevel directory. Instead everything is in the ./ directory that you would expect to be in a pugixml-1.2/ directory. When ptxdist extracts it, it seems to find all the subdirectories that are at the top level, and puts them all together in a pugixml-1.2/ directory that it has created, which changes the file/directory structure that was originally in the tar ball to begin with, and the source does not build. How can I solve this? Thanks, Jon