On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 4:03 AM, Olbrich, Michael wrote: > It really depends on how you want to work with this. If the external > repositories are integrated often, then add them as git submodules in > local_src and use "file://$(PTXDIST_WORKSPACE)/local_src/foo/" as URL. If > I've not used git submodules before. Can I bind a git submodule to a specific tag? > not then create a tag when integrating and use > git://myhost.de/foo.git;tag=mytag1" as URL and foo-mytag1.tar.bz2 as > SOURCE > and update the tag as needed. This will clone the repository and create a > tarball for the tag. Note: you cannot follow a branch here! It will just > use the tarball and ignore any changes to the branch. This is only for > projects that only provide git tags for releases but no tarballs. > > One issue that I ran across with this is that I have: PTXCONF_SETUP_PTXMIRROR_ONLY=y PTXCONF_SETUP_PTXMIRROR="http://opensource/pool/" Where opensource is an internal server that keeps all tar balls used to build. I'm paranoid that someday a upstream tar ball won't be available and would cause a build break if someone tried to build and they didn't have that tar ball in ${PTXCONF_SETUP_SRCDIR} But for my purposes, if I wanted to use the git URL in a rule file I'd want it to use the URL as is. But it rewrites it trying to use ${PTXCONF_SETUP_PTXMIRROR} instead in scripts/lib/ptxd_make_get.sh:295 Is there away to work around this?