On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 4:21 AM, Alexander Dahl wrote: > Hei hei, > > Am 2014-01-08 07:12, schrieb Jon Ringle: > > On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 12:56 AM, Alexander Dahl > wrote: > >> This is exactly what we do, alas we do not use any ptxdist magic but two > >> self written shell scripts residing in another git repository "scripts" > >> included as submodule. Our rules/foo.make use one script for the get and > >> one for the extract stage. Those scripts make are called with two extra > >> variables from rules/foo.in as parameter. For each of our own packages > >> those describe clone path and which git entity (branch, tag, changeset) > >> to checkout after cloning. All these packages are cloned to > >> local_src/foo and build with cmake in local_src/foo-git. I assume all > >> this specific to our needs, but that's the way we do it. If you're > >> interested in the scripts, tell me. > >> > >> > > Yes, I would be interested to see your scripts and how you use them in > your > > *.make and *.in :) > > Okay I edited them a little and attached it. Note: the scripts itself > are put in a subfolder of the BSP here named "scripts". > > I decided to use the get stage for cloning a git repo or checking if > it's correctly cloned and if fetching all branches and changesets > without updating the working copy at this stage. The other script for > the extract stage does the actual checkout then. It works. ;-) > > Thanks! How do you deal with creating a rule/kernel.make file that does this if I build Linux using my own tag? It seems that kernel may need some special handling Jon