On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Jon Ringle wrote: > ptxd_ipkg_rev_smaller will return the wrong value if the version number > does not include a $micro component. > For example: > pkgd_ipkg_rev_smaller foo_1.0-2_armel.ipk foo_1.0-1_armel.ipk > will incorrectly return 0 > > After more testing, I found that there were other situations where the version comparison does not work well. I ended up replacing the implementation of ptxd_ipkg_rev_smaller() with something much simpler, albeit dependent on dpkg that seems to work well: ptxd_ipkg_rev_smaller() { dpkg --compare-versions $1 lt $2 }