* [ptxdist] Generate Developer SDK from Ptxdist
@ 2012-05-07 17:34 Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2012-05-07 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi All,

I'm looking to see if anyone else is using Ptxdist to generate an SDK along
with the BSP.  We are supporting Qt in our BSP and I would like to create a
stand alone developer workstation for our target.  I see there is a host-qt
built with the BSP but it's configured differently than the target - which
obviously makes sense.  For my use case, would it make sense to override
the host-qt install to mirror that of target except for the windowing (QWS
vs X11)?  Or would you suggest building the host-qt outside of ptxdist?  My
goal is to build a developer VM image so a developer can compile and test
the application on x86 and then just cross compile the app for target
deployment.  I already was able to assemble the cross compiled Qt libs from
ptxdist and I can cross compile an app using Qt Creator.  I am just trying
to determine the best way to handle the host Qt libs.

Any feedback or suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

* Re: [ptxdist] Generate Developer SDK from Ptxdist
@ 2012-05-07 22:07 ` Tim Sander
From: Tim Sander @ 2012-05-07 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi Jeff
> I'm looking to see if anyone else is using Ptxdist to generate an SDK along
> with the BSP.  We are supporting Qt in our BSP and I would like to create a
> stand alone developer workstation for our target.  I see there is a host-qt
> built with the BSP but it's configured differently than the target - which
> obviously makes sense.  For my use case, would it make sense to override
> the host-qt install to mirror that of target except for the windowing (QWS
> vs X11)?  Or would you suggest building the host-qt outside of ptxdist?  My
> goal is to build a developer VM image so a developer can compile and test
> the application on x86 and then just cross compile the app for target
> deployment.  I already was able to assemble the cross compiled Qt libs from
> ptxdist and I can cross compile an app using Qt Creator.  I am just trying
> to determine the best way to handle the host Qt libs.
>
> Any feedback or suggestions are much appreciated.
I have just used the packaging of our distribution and created a meta package
to pull in the toolchain, qt and some other dependencies.

As far as i know host-qt does not support host tools but only cross compiling,
so i went for the easier way and installed the qt devel packages from the
distribution. To build a meta package in debian/ubuntu you can use equivs and
just add all your dependencies in there. For creating the repository i used
reprepo. Thats all debian stuff don't have much experience with building
packages and repositories for rpm based distros.

Hope this helps
Tim