Hello, I am writing a rule to compile the libsepol package that comes with plain Makefiles. I am trying to pass *-Wno-error* option through the _MAKE_OPT variable to override the *-Werror *option specified in the package Makefile. I have set LIBSEPOL_CONF_TOOL := NO and also LIBSEPOL_MAKE_ENV := $(CROSS_ENV) LIBSEPOL_MAKE_OPT := \ -Wno-error=shadow The make still runs without the *-Wno-error *option during compilation. In the Quickstart guide, it is noted that "*in the rule file only the two variables FOO_MAKE_ENV and FOO_MAKE_OPT must be set, to forward the required settings to the package’s buildsystem.*" What am I missing? Thanks in advance.