* [ptxdist] How to apply a patch from internet?
@ 2012-07-12 20:09 Philippe Corbes
From: Philippe Corbes @ 2012-07-12 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to conditionally download and apply a
patch from internet to original sources downloaded from internet..
If not can you give me a sample code to conditionally apply a patch (I add
a boolean in the .in file and I check this boolean before patch apply) ?
Usually we apply automatically all patch files.

Thank you for your help.
Philippe

* Re: [ptxdist] How to apply a patch from internet?
@ 2012-07-13  5:33 ` Juergen Beisert
From: Juergen Beisert @ 2012-07-13  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: Philippe Corbes

Hi Philippe,

Philippe Corbes wrote:
> I would like to know if it's possible to conditionally download and apply a
> patch from internet to original sources downloaded from internet..
> If not can you give me a sample code to conditionally apply a patch (I add
> a boolean in the .in file and I check this boolean before patch apply) ?
> Usually we apply automatically all patch files.

You should do it the other way round: apply always the patch, but forward some
kind of configure switch or make variable to its build system, to make the
patched part compile or not.

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |