Jurgen, 2013/7/22 Jürgen Beisert > Hi Pawel, > > On Saturday 20 July 2013 22:45:11 Pawel Suchanecki wrote: > > A year ago you wrote: > >> Seems like my own patches when I tried with CUPS-1.4.8. CUPS is a mess > >> regarding to cross compile: > >> > >> http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2390: > >> "We currently do not support cross-compiling CUPS, nor do we have plans > to > >> do so." > > > > I did cross-compile CUPS-1.6.2 using OSELAS toolchain 2012.12.1 for > > Mini2440: > > > > .../mini2440_custom_packages/cups-1.6.2 $ file scheduler/cupsd > > scheduler/cupsd: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), > > dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, not > > stripped > > > > although I had to do some manual tweaks in Makefiles. I am currently > > stuck at trying to install manually on the target. > > > > Do you possibly plan to include the recipe for CUPS into ptxdist > > somewhere in the near future? > > It needs more tests and due to the lack of time I'm still stuck at the > older > release of CUPS. > It seems that you have some version of the CUPS package covered. It is it available in some release of PTX? I need at least 1.4.x version to support Zebra printer. > > What is your problem? Does the "make install" fails in the CUPS package or > do > you need help to find all relevant components which makes CUPS running on > your > target (to be able to fill the 'targetinstall' stage in the rule file)? > To be honest, I did not use `newpackage' functionality from ptxdist, I went with manual compilation just using the OSELAS tool-chain instead. I clearly understand the benefits of using `newpackage' in the long run but I don't suppose it can help me with my troubles as for now, unless I misunderstood something. My CUPS 1.6.x, built 'by hand', is working but only partially. The CUPS system works, but I am unable to print. At first, it was due to lack of `cups-filters', which I fail to compile manually, as it tires to link against stdc from build machine (I guess this is where ptxdist could help me). Event if it builds it is going to miss some dependencies (libraries) on target, that ptxdist does not provide builds for. So I end up with getting some prebuilt armv4t cups-filters 1.4.x from ` http://shr-project.org/' and tried to couple them with my CUPS 1.6.x build, but I have 'Filter failed' message as CUPS response. I am now trying to find out if it will work with 1.4.x CUPS form SHR or if there is still some problem with my manual installation. I guess I am writing this to get some insight from more experienced people (namely you) on how can I install *working* CUPS on Mini2440. I just need it to print PNG format pixmaps as project requirement. Is there any way to incorporate the recipe (I assume you have one) for older CUPS into my ptxdist built distro? I know this is getting off-topic, sorry about that, but if you could shed some light... I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Pawel