Hello, 2015-01-27 8:31 GMT+01:00 Markus Niebel : > Hello, > Am 26.01.2015 um 20:16 schrieb Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia: > > Hello all, > > > > I wrote a custom driver for my BSP, and I initially made it an > out-of-tree > > driver (ptxdist newpackage src-linux-driver and so on) > > > > This driver needs to export a header file (defining some ioctl values) > for > > use by other (custom) ptxdist packages. I am currently exporting this > > header file in the "install" stage of the out-of-tree driver: > > > > cp $(MY_DRIVER_DIR)/someheader.h $(PTXDIST_SYSROOT_TARGET)/usr/include > > > > So far so good. > > > > Now I would like to transform this out-of-tree driver into an in-tree > > driver and for that I am generating a set of patches against the kernel > > tree. My question is: How can I export the custom header in this case? I > > assume that modifying the generic kernel.make is not the way to go. > > > > Any hints? > > > split the internal from the external part and place the header to export > under > /include/uapi/ > modify the Kbuild script in this subdir to add your header to the headers > to export > Generate patch series for your kernel and use this kernel version for the > kernel header package in ptxdist > Thank you, I think this is exactly what I needed! Best, Guillermo