From: Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia <guille.rodriguez@gmail.com>
To: Stella GZ <gzestela@gmail.com>
Cc: oselas@community.pengutronix.de, ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] [oselas]  ptxdist on a x86 target, grub problem ?
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 20:14:08 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Stella,

Don't know if this is related to your case, however:

There seems to be a problem when building images for an i586 target using the
"Generic x86/ARM BSP" for ptxdist. The generated menu.lst file will always pass
root=/dev/sda1 to the kernel, regardless of your ROOTFS_DEVICE configuration.

I had a quick look to try to find why this happens. Seems that there
is a default
menu.lst template in ${PTXDIST}/generic/boot/grub/menu.lst which is OK (root
device gets replaced dynamically according to your configuration),
however if you
use the "Generic x86/ARM BSP", the following file will take precedence over the
generic one:

${GENERIC_BSP_DIR}/projectroot/boot/grub/menu.lst.i586

In this file, the root parameter is hardcoded to /dev/sda1. So if your
root device
is not /dev/sda1, you will need to edit this manually.

Ptxdist maintainers: Is there a reason for the separate menu.lst.i586
file? Except
for the issue described above it seems to be almost identical to the
generic menu.lst
file in ptxdist.

Best regards,

Guillermo Rodriguez