Hello Michael, 2017-11-01 12:01 GMT+01:00 Michael Olbrich : > Hi, > > On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 06:28:14PM +0100, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote: > > For a ptxdist BSP I am managing I need to create a "hotfix" package to > > patch a number of files on already deployed devices. > > > > This package will only be used on devices which are already deployed, and > > its files should not be part of the rootfs images if the platform is > > rebuilt. Is it possible to have ptxdist build an .ipk package that will > not > > be included in the filesystem images ? > > > > I was hoping that marking the package as "M" in ptxdist menuconfig would > do > > the trick :) but that doesn't do what I thought. > > It can be used like that, but for a single package, it's a bit complex. > Do you marking the package as "M"? I tried that but it seems to do exactly the same as when I just enable it (with "*"). Am I missing something? > If you use the regular images, then you can create a "lazy" package. > Just create a normal package and then modify the makefile like this: > "PACKAGES-$(PTXCONF_..." -> "LAZY_PACKAGES-$(PTXCONF_..." > > The package will not be added to the rootfs, however, it will not be built > by default either. So you need to run "ptxdist targetinstall " to > build it. > But then when I do ptxdist targetinstall , the .ipk will be built, but will the files also be added to sysroot? The latter is what I would like to avoid... Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia guille.rodriguez@gmail.com