Hi Michael, 2016-08-03 10:04 GMT+02:00 Michael Olbrich : > Hi, > > On Tue, Aug 02, 2016 at 07:06:55PM +0200, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote: > > I need to include a patched version of glibc in a ptxdist BSP. I know > that > > glibc itself is not compiled as part of the BSP, but as part of the > > toolchain. What is the best way to generate a patched glibc without > > recompiling the toolchain ? Is there a recommended procedure for this? > > There is no procedure for this. The libc is part of toolchain, and mixing > different versions is not a good idea. > And at least with an OSELAS.Toolchain, rebuilding it isn't really a > problem. It's just a PTXdist project. > Thank you for your answer. Probably I did not explain my problem correctly. Rebuilding the toolchain per se is not a problem; the problem is how to deploy the patched library. The process of rebuilding the toolchain basically installs the (fixed) toolchain in my development machine. This is perfect for the regular development cycle, however in this case what I really need is a way to deploy a hotfix with the patched library on the target systems (that are already running). So I was looking for a way to generate an ipkg/opkg or something that I can easily deploy. Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia guille.rodriguez@gmail.com