From: Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia <guille.rodriguez@gmail.com>
To: ptxdist@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Extra args to mkfs.ubifs with new image creation options
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 09:32:41 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Alexander,

El jue., 12 dic. 2019 a las 20:14, Alexander Dahl (<post@lespocky.de>) escribió:

> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 07:23:10PM +0100, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> > I am trying to switch from the "legacy" ptxdist image creation options
> > to the new system based on genimage. This is because I want to
> > generate an ubi image out of three separate volumes, and the legacy
> > approach does not support this very well.
>
> Did you already find the genimage docs? Look for pengutronix at
> GitHub. genimage works with config files, everything is set there.
>
> > I am still trying to see how it all works; first issue I have found
> > is, how to specify extra arguments to mkfs.ubifs? In particular I need
> > to add --space-fixup; however I don't see any place where I could
> > configure this with the new system.
>
> ptxdist ships those genimage config files in folder 'config/images'
> and you can "overwrite" those in your BSP as you would do with rules.

Thanks for the pointers! Now I see how to customize existing configs.
What is the proper way to add new targets?

For example in my case -- I want to generate a ubi image out of
three separate volumes; one of these is the rootfs volume which is
already supported out of the box. How to add new targets for the
additional volumes, so that ptxdist "notices" they need to be built?

BR,

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodriguez@gmail.com