Hi David, 2016-07-27 7:51 GMT+02:00 David Jander : > > I think that the default /etc/passwd (and many other files that are > > distributed > > with ptxdist) should be taken just as generic examples. Ptxdist BSPs are > > expected > > Generic examples are expected to at least be semantically correct. This > isn't. > I would not say it is not "semantically correct". It just does not match the assumptions in systemd (yes, I am aware that systemd is not the only place where this assumption is made) [...] > > > To solve the problem, there are really only two options AFAICS: > > > > > > 1.- Change PTXdist and all places in it that assume the $HOME=/home > for > > > root. > > > No idea how many places that are, nor how many users already depend on > > > this > > > historic assumption. > > > > > > or > > > > > > 2.- Patch systemd to adapt to the reality of PTXdist. > > > > > > > Yes, or > > > > 3.- Customize the files in your BSP :-) > > No. Like I said in my previous e-mail (the part after this part, that you > omitted from the quote), this way the default PTXdist stays broken and my > intention is to fix just that. > Yes, I know what you said and I understand the intention. Here I was just replying to the part where you say "there are really only two options". What I say is that there are actually three options. I fully understand that you don't like option #3, but that doesn't mean it does not exist :) Best, Guillermo