From: Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia <guille.rodriguez@gmail.com>
To: "ptxdist@pengutronix.de" <ptxdist@pengutronix.de>
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Question related to multiple UBI volumes in UBI image
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 11:10:19 +0200	[thread overview]

Partially answering myself:

<guille.rodriguez@gmail.com>:
> Hello all,
>
> I have two questions related to handling of multiple UBI volumes in ptxdist.
>
> 1. I see it is possible to create an additional "data" volume. Is it
> possible to tell ptxdist what to put in this additional volume? Or is
> it always empty?
>
> 2. It looks like the autoresize flag is always set in the ubinize
> config file that is used to generate the ubi images. Is it possible to
> configure this?
> Related: How does ubi handle an image that has more than one volume
> with the autoresize flag set in all of them?

I now see that the autoresize flag is only set for the "root" UBI
volume, but not for the "data" volume. So the ubi image does not
actually contains two volumes with the autoresize flag set.

However the two questions still remain. I would actually like to
disable autoresize for both volumes, and to put some initial data in
the "data" volume. Does ptxdist support this?

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodriguez@gmail.com