* [ptxdist] ptxdist documentation sources
@ 2014-08-27  8:01 Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
From: Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia @ 2014-08-27  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hello all,

Are the sources / makefiles of the ptxdist manual available?

I see that some BSPs (e.g. mini2440) have a
documentation/plain_sources directory, but this does not include all
the source files.

Thank you,

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodriguez@gmail.com

* Re: [ptxdist] ptxdist documentation sources
@ 2014-08-29  8:21 ` Juergen Borleis
From: Juergen Borleis @ 2014-08-29  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist; +Cc: Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia

Hi Guillermo,

On Wednesday 27 August 2014 10:01:27 Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> Are the sources / makefiles of the ptxdist manual available?

No.

> I see that some BSPs (e.g. mini2440) have a
> documentation/plain_sources directory, but this does not include all
> the source files.

Correct. The latex sources in the Mini2440 BSP just include the Mini2440
specific part.

Give me a good reason and we may release the generic part of the PTXdist
documentation to the public as well ;)

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Borleis             |
Industrial Linux Solutions                    | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |

* Re: [ptxdist] ptxdist documentation sources
@ 2014-08-29  9:37   ` Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
From: Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia @ 2014-08-29  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Borleis; +Cc: ptxdist

Hi Juergen,

> Hi Guillermo,
>
> On Wednesday 27 August 2014 10:01:27 Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
>> Are the sources / makefiles of the ptxdist manual available?
>
> No.

That's why I could not find them :)

>> I see that some BSPs (e.g. mini2440) have a
>> documentation/plain_sources directory, but this does not include all
>> the source files.
>
> Correct. The latex sources in the Mini2440 BSP just include the Mini2440
> specific part.
>
> Give me a good reason and we may release the generic part of the PTXdist
> documentation to the public as well ;)

Well, I was actually hoping to use it as a reference on how to make a
good looking manual using LaTeX.

Not sure this counts as a good reason (for Pengutronix I mean :)

Regards,

Guillermo

* Re: [ptxdist] ptxdist documentation sources
@ 2014-08-29 10:50     ` Alexander Aring
From: Alexander Aring @ 2014-08-29 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:37:07AM +0200, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> Hi Juergen,

> > Hi Guillermo,
> >
> > On Wednesday 27 August 2014 10:01:27 Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> >> Are the sources / makefiles of the ptxdist manual available?
> >
> > No.
>
> That's why I could not find them :)
>
> >> I see that some BSPs (e.g. mini2440) have a
> >> documentation/plain_sources directory, but this does not include all
> >> the source files.
> >
> > Correct. The latex sources in the Mini2440 BSP just include the Mini2440
> > specific part.
> >
> > Give me a good reason and we may release the generic part of the PTXdist
> > documentation to the public as well ;)
>
> Well, I was actually hoping to use it as a reference on how to make a
> good looking manual using LaTeX.

you mean the template? In my opinion everybody should build his own. :-)

At my university I have create a beamer template with university
logos/colors etc. oh well, I shared them with other peoples, but the
creation of this template was easy.

At the end with graphics from [0], it was a pretty nice presentation.

... but we not talking about beamer here.

> Not sure this counts as a good reason (for Pengutronix I mean :)

I thought more about a community driven documentation. Maybe we can do
that with a basic template and pengutronix replace the basic template
with the own generate template to generate the pdf.

This sounds like documentation branding, then other companies can also
replace the basic template with her own logos/colors...
Oh this will end in a hell with links to company driven ptxdist support
pages/forums/mailinglists. That's not good, don't know if any
copyright/license helps there that this will not happen then.

- Alex

[0] http://www.texample.net/

* Re: [ptxdist] ptxdist documentation sources
@ 2014-08-29 11:02       ` Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
From: Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia @ 2014-08-29 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:37:07AM +0200, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
>> Hi Juergen,

>> > Hi Guillermo,

>> > No.
>>
>> That's why I could not find them :)

>> > Correct. The latex sources in the Mini2440 BSP just include the Mini2440
>> > specific part.
>> >
>> > Give me a good reason and we may release the generic part of the PTXdist
>> > documentation to the public as well ;)
>>
>> Well, I was actually hoping to use it as a reference on how to make a
>> good looking manual using LaTeX.
>
> you mean the template? In my opinion everybody should build his own. :-)

I was more interested in the build system (Makefiles), organization of
files, etc. and a working example that I could play with. I don't have
any experience with LaTeX :)

Guillermo Rodriguez

@ 2014-08-29 11:11         ` Alexander Aring
From: Alexander Aring @ 2014-08-29 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 01:02:16PM +0200, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:37:07AM +0200, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> >> Hi Juergen,

> >> That's why I could not find them :)

> >> Well, I was actually hoping to use it as a reference on how to make a
> >> good looking manual using LaTeX.
> >
> > you mean the template? In my opinion everybody should build his own. :-)
>
> I was more interested in the build system (Makefiles), organization of
> files, etc. and a working example that I could play with. I don't have
> any experience with LaTeX :)

My university laboratory of distributed systems have some templates for
exams. [0] (page is in german)

They included some Makefile for generate the pdf, and also some comments
are also in german.

When I used that at last time it wasn't able to build with new versions
of latex. Needs some work to get it working or somebody fixed it
already.

It's available for everybody, so maybe you are interested.

- Alex

[0] http://wwwvs.cs.hs-rm.de/downloads/extern/bachelor_thesis.tar.gz

* Re: [ptxdist] ptxdist documentation sources
@ 2014-08-29 11:42           ` Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
From: Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia @ 2014-08-29 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ptxdist

Hi Alexander,

> My university laboratory of distributed systems have some templates for
> exams. [0] (page is in german)
[...]

Thank you :)

Guillermo