From: "Gieseler, Christian" <CG@eks-engel.de>
To: "ptxdist@pengutronix.de" <ptxdist@pengutronix.de>
Subject: Re: [ptxdist] Libtool error when building mysql on ptxdist 2013.12.0
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 12:52:23 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Kai

My zlib build does not create a libz.la. I only have the files below.

./build-target/zlib-1.2.8/libz.so.1.2.8
./build-target/zlib-1.2.8/libz.so
./build-target/zlib-1.2.8/libz.so.1
./build-target/zlib-1.2.8/libz.a

I am not using mysql but:

Help für mysql in PTX config says your error is known and the packet is set to staging:
"
 STAGING: remove in ptxdist-2015.03.0
 This package has not been maintained in a long time. The revision is
 not an official one. The build system is broken (zlib handling).
 Upgrade to recent release is required.
"

-->use an alternative available on i.mx28 which is known to work: sqlite
Or
-->You either fix it yourself
-->Find someone who does a fix (e.g. Pengutronix paid support)

Best Regards
Christian